One of the greatest pleasures of my job as a Luxury Travel Consultant is being able to craft a relatively ordinary travel plan into an extraordinary one.
Recently, I spoke with someone who expressed a ‘bucket list’ desire to visit New Zealand. I asked what the plan would be for 2 weeks in that destination and the person replied, “I don’t know yet…drive around, see the country.” This is all well and good but if you’re going to allocate 23+ hours to a flight and 2 weeks of precious leisure time, then how about…
- Participate in a Hangi Dinner and Concert – a Maori cultural experience.
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, used in the Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy.
- Take a Volcano Tour by Riverjet.
- Do a wine tour of local vineyards.
- Travel by Funyak through the Dart Valley.
- Take helicopter rides to see glaciers, canyons and seals in their natural colonies.
- White water rafting on the Shotover River.
Special, once-in-a-lifetime trips can become significantly enriched when properly planned. You don’t have to do all of the work on your own. For my clients interested in New Zealand, I will collaborate with the best Tour Operators in that region, on whom I can rely for 24/7 support and superior expertise and care. Even if my clients only choose a single specialized experience while travelling, I want it to be the most memorable part of their trip.